TGIF

18 Apr. 17th, 2009 08:50 am
aelora: (bradley - perfection)
[personal profile] aelora
I think I am running off pure adrenaline today. Getting out of bed this morning was the hardest thing ever.

Went to "Phantom of the Opera" last night with [personal profile] icalynn and the daughter, [profile] devlyn13. Was a far, far better touring company than the last one that came through here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the actor playing the Phantom was as strong in the role as Michael Crawford. He was completely deserving of the standing ovation the audience gave him. Just amazing. The actor in the role of Raoul was wonderful as well (and hot!). Christine was... good. Nothing about her really stood out to make you go "Wow!". In fact, I liked the woman in the role of Madame Giry more. But the sets were amazing, as always, and we were in the 11th row center, so when the chandelier came down, it was definitely noticeable. And at one point when a bunch of fires were lit quickly onstage, we felt the heat - I had to touch my eyebrows to make certain they were there! The costumes also seemed to have been updated - they were more colorful and positively gorgeous. It was a good night, for certain, though I probably shouldn't have eaten as much as I did at that Mexican restaurant beforehand. Ugh. And I would have liked a little more sleep than the 5 hours I got.

Have I mentioned my recent obsession with Russell Brand??? *shakes head* Yeah, I don't completely understand it, either. Trust me. Apparently I really am a sucker for a guy who makes me laugh.

Dear Merlin fandom video makers - There are so many of you out there with so much potential. You obviously have talent and patience in putting these videos together, adding wonderful effects and picking great music. But please, for the love of all that is holy, start using clips where characters are *not* talking!!!! Nothing ruins a video more quickly for a lot of people than in the midst of great music and angst or fun or whatever character's lips begin moving nowhere near in sync with the words of the song. It is so unbelievably distracting, and while I may be able to handle it in moderation, and when used smartly with the music, most of the time I just end up turning stopping the vid and moving on.

Sadly, this limits me to about 5 videos in the entire fandom I actually enjoy watching. *sigh*

Sorry. Just a little pet peeve I had to release today.

Well, here's to a movie and hanging out with friends tonight. Getting caught up on some downloaded movies this weekend and hopefully dropping by a bookstore to purchase "My Booky Wook".


I suppose I should also try to force myself to write my BB fic this weekend... *twitch*


X-posted to Livejournal

Date: 2009-04-18 03:00 am (UTC)
elandrialore: by <lj user="gealach-ros"> (arthur)
From: [personal profile] elandrialore
My problem is that there's so many funny/adorable/intense moments with them when they're talking and it's hard to resist using those clips.

Profile

aelora: (Default)
aelora

April 2025

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
1314 1516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 12:14 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios